- NEW! Processing Times
- Practice Information
- Renew Online
- BreEZe License Verification
- Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Join Our Email List
- Obtain a List of Licensees
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
Welcome to the Board of Registered Nursing
The Board of Registered Nursing protects and advocates for the health and safety of the public by ensuring the highest quality registered nurses in the state of California.
- 2014-2015 California New Graduate Hiring Survey now available from HealthImpact
- The BRN is pleased to announce that a new edition of the BRN Report Newsletter for Winter 2015 has just been posted to the BRN Website
- NCSBN Board of Directors Upholds Current Passing Standard for the NCLEX-RN Examination
- Fee increase is in effect for renewal of licenses/certificates that have expired or will expire after January 1, 2016
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW) Announces NURSE Corps Loan Repayment and Scholarship application cycles scheduled to open in January and March, 2016
- 2015 Forecasts of RN Workforce in California and PowerPoint Presentation from the September 3, 2015 Board Meeting
- The Board of Registered Nursing Invites Applicants for the Position of Executive Officer
- We are now on Facebook! Visit our official Facebook page for the latest announcements from the BRN!
- The 2016 NCLEX-RN Test Plan to become effective April 2016 is now available.
- Sunset Bill SB 466 Approved; Extends Repeal Date of the BRN to January 1, 2018
- Controlled Substance Utilization, Review, and Evaluation System (CURES) and Controlled Substance Prescriptions
- 2014 Report and Power Point Presentation (June 4, 2015 Board Meeting) of the Survey of Registered Nurses in California
- Effective October 14, 2015: Fee Increases for Initial Advanced Practice Certification, Duplicate License Requests, Outgoing Verifications & Transcripts
- Nursing Education Programs Currently on Warning Status with Intent to Close:
- Shepherd University, ADN (placed on this status by the Board 9/18/14; next review by Board Education Licensing Committee 3/10/16)
- East Los Angeles College, ADN (placed on this status by the Board 9/3/15; next review by Board Education Licensing Committee 8/11/16)
- Application Cycle Information for The Health Professions Education Foundationís scholarship and Loan Repayment Programs
- All Continuing Education Provider (CEP) numbers expire two years from the date of issuance. The provider must renew the CEP number in order to offer continuing education courses.
- California RN Licensure Qualifications for Persons Serving in Medical Corps of Armed Services
- UNAPPROVED NURSING PROGRAM: Advanced Pro Nursing Institute (Hayward, CA).
- Pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 136 and California Code of Regulations Section 1409.1, an address change must be reported to the Board within 30 days.
- Financial Assistance