BRN Needs Your Expertise
The BRN Enforcement Program is currently recruiting qualified registered nurses to review case materials, prepare written opinions, and possibly testify at administrative hearings as an expert witness.
The BRN needs expert witnesses in the following areas of expertise:
- Pediatric ICU
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Wound Care
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Neontal ICU
- Risk Management/Quality Assurance
Expert witnesses play a very important role in consumer protection and patient advocacy.
This exciting opportunity may be yours if you meet the following qualifications:
- A current and active California RN license.
- Ten or more years of experience as an RN.
- Five or more years of experience and expertise in one of the areas or specialties listed above AND current employment in that setting.
- No prior or current charges or discipline against any healthcare-related license in California or in any other place of licensure.
- No criminal convictions, including any that were expunged or dismissed.
Expert witnesses are paid $75 per hour for case review and preparation of the expert opinion report and $75 per hour plus expenses if called to testify at an administrative hearing.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in becoming an Expert Witness, complete the Expert Witness application form and follow the instructions carefully. Once completed, send the application, a writing sample, and your Curriculum Vitae (resume) to:Enforcement.BRN@dca.ca.gov
Board of Registered Nursing
PO Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100