- Job Opportunity for Nursing Education Consultant
- Practice Information
- Renew or Apply Online
- Permanent License Verification
- Temporary License and Interim Permit Verification
- Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Join Our Email List
- Obtain a List of Licensees
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR NEW AND RENEWING LICENSE APPLICANTS: Please complete your applications prior to July 31, 2013 in order to avoid delays.
The Department of Consumer Affairs is replacing current online licensing systems with the new BreEZe licensing and enforcement system. The transition could cause delays, possibly beginning in May.
Renewing licensees: If your license expires between now and July 31, 2013, please renew as soon as possible.
Graduating students: Donít wait until the end of the school year to submit your application. Submit your application for the licensure exam now, even if your application will not be complete.
The Board of Registered Nursing regulates the practice of registered nursing and certified advanced practice nurses in order to protect the public. The Board exists to protect the health and safety of consumers and promote quality registered nursing care in California.
- Authorizations for out-of-state licensed registered nurses who wish to participate in approved sponsored free health care events are now available on-line.(Application)
- BRN to resume acceptance of Feasibility Studies for new prelicensure RN programs
- 2012 Survey of Registered Nurses in California Slide Presentation from the February 6, 2013 Board Meeting
- 2011-2012 Regional and Updated Statewide Pre-Licensure Nursing Program Annual School Reports
- BRN Report Newsletter - Winter 2012
- Passing Standard for the NCLEX-RN Examination Revised Beginning April 1, 2013
- Pursuant to the California Code of Regulations § 1409.1, an address change must be reported to the Board within 30 days by way of mail, telephone, or the BRN webpage. The BRN is now assessing a citation and fine for violations of this section.
- Employers can now subscribe to receive direct nurse licensure status alerts and reports through NCSBNís Nursys e-Notify system
- NCLEX® Using CAT video from National Council of State Boards of Nursing explains exam process
- Take our Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Financial Assistance