- Job Opportunity for Nursing Education Consultant
- Practice Information
- Renew Online
- BreEZe License Verification
- Web Site Satisfaction Survey
- Join Our Email List
- Obtain a List of Licensees
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
Welcome to the Board of Registered Nursing
The Board of Registered Nursing regulates the practice of registered nursing and certified advanced practice nurses in order to protect the public. The Board exists to protect the health and safety of consumers and promote quality registered nursing care in California.
- California RN Licensure qualifications for persons serving in Medical Corps of Armed Services
- Notice of Legislative Sunset Review Hearings
- California State Auditor's Report on Deparment of Consumer Affairs' BreEZe System Now Available
- 2013-2014 California New Graduate Hiring Survey available on the California Institute for Nursing & Health Care (CINHC) Website
- $470,000 in Awards Available from The Mini Grants Program through the Office of Statewide Health, Planning and Development (OSHPD)
- $6.84 Million in Awards Available from The Song-Brown Program through the Office of Statewide Health, Planning and Development (OSHPD)
- UNAPPROVED NURSING PROGRAM: Advanced Pro Nursing Institute (Hayward, CA). Click here for detailed information.
- BRN 2014 Sunset Review Report and Attachments
- Report on 2013 Survey of California RNs Post-Licensure Educational Experiences
- Approved Regulation: Amendment to sections 1403 and 1444.5 and Adoption of Section 1441 of title 16 of the California Code of Regulations. Unprofessional Conduct.
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) numbers can now be renewed using the BreEZe online system
- PRESS RELEASE: Seven Plead Guilty to Forging Transcripts in Order to Become Nurses
- Approved Regulation: Amendment to section 1419(c) of title 16 of the California Code of Regulations. Renewal disclosure requirement for reported violations.
- The Board of Registered Nursing’s Application for Licensure by Examination is now online! Click here for detailed information on how to apply and pay your application fees online, or go directly to BreEZe to begin filling out your application and pay your fees.
- Pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 136 and California Code of Regulations Section 1409.1, an address change must be reported to the Board within 30 days.
- Authorizations for out-of-state licensed registered nurses who wish to participate in approved sponsored free health care events are now available on-line.
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Financial Assistance