Important Information for Applicants
If you have already applied, click for information on how to check your application status.
- Required Prerequisites for RN Examination and Endorsement Applicants
- Important Information for Excelsior Nursing Graduates
Graduating California students: California Board-approved nursing programs will submit your transcripts to the Board electronically upon completion of your program.
If you attended a nursing program in another State, you may have your transcripts sent to our Board electronically from a certified third-party electronic transcripts vendor such as Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc. Your school may also send them directly. Electronic transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attended a nursing program in another country, you will need to have your official transcripts sent to the Board by mail.
California Code of Regulations Section 1426 identifies the prerequisite courses required in addition to a nursing program:
- Communication skills, six (6) semester or nine (9) quarter units shall include principals of:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Group communication
- Related natural sciences, sixteen (16) semester or twenty-four (24) quarter units shall include:
- Anatomy with lab
- Physiology with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Behavioral sciences (Psychology)
- Social sciences