Recruiting Expert Practice Consultants
The Board of Registered Nursing Enforcement Division is currently recruiting qualified registered nurses with the professional and educational background to review investigative case materials, prepare written opinions, evaluating whether an RN deviated from the standards of nursing practice, or is responsible for unprofessional conduct.
The Board appreciates your cooperation in lending your expertise and experience to accomplish this important work. As an Expert Practice Consultant, the Board recognizes that you play a vital role with meeting the Board’s mission of public protection and that your objective performance will reflect well on the nursing community you represent.
The BRN needs expert consultants in the following areas of expertise:
- Long-Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facilities/Geriatrics
- Home Health
- Labor and Delivery
- Neonatal ICU
- Emergency Room
- PACU/Recovery Room
- Critical Care - Adult
This exciting opportunity may be yours if you meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a California resident with an active California RN license.
- Ten or more years of experience as an RN.
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience in the area of expertise and current employment in that setting.
- No prior or current discipline against any health care-related license or certification.
RN Expert Practice Consultant Compensation
RN Expert Practice Consultants are paid $75 an hour.
Advanced Practice RN Expert Practice Consultants are paid $125 an hour.
Other Expert Practice Consultants Needed
The Board is also seeking qualified licensed psychologists, psychiatrists, and physicians to assist the Board by conducting physical exams and psychiatric evaluations.
Qualifications for physicians, psychologists, and psychiatrists are:
- Hold a valid license, which includes scope of practice to conduct a clinical diagnostic evaluation.
- Have at least three years experience in evaluating mental health and/or substance use disorders.
Psychologists are compensated at a rate of $150 an hour. Psychiatrists and physicians are compensated at a rate of $175 an hour.
If you are interested in providing expert practice consultant services to the Board, and meet the requirements specified above, please complete and submit an Expert Practice Consultant Application along with your Curriculum Vitae (resume).Expert.BRN@dca.ca.gov
Enforcement Expert Coordinator
Board of Registered Nursing
PO Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100