2016 Legislative Updates
In 2016, the Board continued to follow the bills introduced in 2015 that became two-year bills, followed the bills introduced in 2016, and bills that were amended in 2016 so that they now applied to the Board. There were 32 bills followed of which 10 became law, 2 were vetoed, and 20 bills failed to move out of committee or concurrence as amended.
The following is a list of those bills that became law in 2016. Unless otherwise stated, the statutes of 2016 became effective January 1, 2017.
Because bills may also contain additional provisions or definitions not included here, it is recommended that the reader consult the full bill at the California Legislative Information website.
- AB 1386 (Low) - Emergency medical care: epinephrine auto-injectors
- AB 1748 (Mayes) - Pupils: pupil health: opioid antagonist
- AB 2105 (Rodriguez) - Workforce development: allied health professions
- AB 2744 (Gordon) - Healing arts: referrals
- AB 2859 (Low)- Professions and vocations: retired category: licenses
- SB 482 (Lara) - Controlled substances: CURES database
- SB 1039 (Hill) - Professions and Vocations
- SB 1076 (Hernandez) - General acute care hospitals: observation units
- SB 1139 (Lara) - Health professionals: medical school programs: healing arts residency training programs: undocumented immigrants: nonimmigrant aliens: scholarships, loans, and loan repayments
- SB 1348 (Cannella) - Licensure applications: military experience