Online Application for Exam Applicants
The Board of Registered Nursing highly recommends that applicants apply online. If you have previously submitted a paper application, do not submit an electronic version as that could slow down the process.
How to apply online (see the Online RN Initial Exam Application Instructions for a screen-by-screen walkthrough of the online application process and the Online Training Tutorial for a video demonstration):
1. Register for a BreEZe account, if you have not done so previously.
2. On your BreEZe account homepage, select "1 – RN Initial Exam Application" from the dropdown menu below "Start a New Application or Take an Exam".
3. At the end of the application process, you will have the opportunity to attach documents to the application. Please attach as much information as possible to reduce paperwork, speed the review process, and reduce the need for deficiency letters.
You can scan and attach the following documents to your online application:
- 2" x 2" passport-type photograph
- Completed Request for Accommodation of Disabilities form, if applicable
For students disclosing previous conviction(s) and/or discipline(s), you can attach:
- Letter of explanation (signed and dated)
- Letter(s) of recommendation/support
- Any other rehabilitation information listed in section II "Reporting Prior Convictions or Discipline Against Licenses" of the Application for Licensure by Examination packet.
NOTE: See Important Notice Regarding Your Application for additional information for applicants with criminal convictions or discipline.
- Certified court and arrest documents, if applicable
- Rehabilitation documentation, if applicable
4. You must pay application fees with a valid credit card.
You can check the progress of your online application by regularly logging into the BreEZe system.
Please refer to our Processing Times page for current timeframes.