Licensee Name/Address Changes
Licensees are required by law (Business and Professions Code Section 136 and California Code of Regulations Section 1409.1) to notify the Board of any name or address changes within 30 days of the change.
You may submit address changes to the Board by one of the following methods:
- by telephone at 916-322-3350
- by submitting a completed Change of Address and/or Name for Licensees to the Board via regular mail at:
Board of Registered Nursing
Attn: Renewals Unit
PO Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
- online at: www.dca.ca.gov/proflic/rns.shtml
NOTE: If you are a licensed California registered nurse and reside and work outside of California, please contact the California Franchise Tax Board (CFTB) and provide your change of address in order to be notified of any notices that they might send to you. You may contact the CFTB at (800) 852-5711.
Name changes must be submitted to the Board in writing and include:
- the completed Change of Address and/or Name for Licensees
- a copy of the legal documentation certifying the name change
If you would like a replacement license card as a result of a name change, you must return the license card with the old name to the Board. There is a $30 fee per license card (limit one per license type).