Welcome to the Board of Registered Nursing

Right Column

Licensee Name/Address Changes

Licensees are required by law (Business and Professions Code Section 136 and California Code of Regulations Section 1409.1) to notify the Board of any name or address changes within 30 days of the change.

Address Changes

You may submit address changes to the Board by one of the following methods:

NOTE: If you are a licensed California registered nurse and reside and work outside of California, please contact the California Franchise Tax Board (CFTB) and provide your change of address in order to be notified of any notices that they might send to you. You may contact the CFTB at (800) 852-5711.

Name Changes

Name changes must be submitted to the Board in writing and include:

If you would like a replacement license card as a result of a name change, you must return the license card with the old name to the Board. There is a $30 fee per license card (limit one per license type).